Explore and Visualize Your Data with Python
In this e-learning course, you will reproduce a typical data analysis pipeline using Python.
Licence: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
Keywords: Python, Data analysis, Data visualisation
Target audience: Life scientists, bioinformaticians and researchers who are familiar with writing Python code and core Python elements, and would like to use it in their daily data exploration and visualization tasks.
Resource type: e-learning
Basic knowledge of Python programming.
- Reproduce known or best-practise recipes to read data using pandas DataFrame
- Summarize the main aspects of a studied dataset
- Employ pandas to filter and select specific part of their data-set
- Use matplotlib graphical library to generate clear visual representations of their data
- Choose and explore matplotlib options in order to create publication-ready graphics
Scientific topics: Data visualisation, Bioinformatics