Assembly - Unicycler Assembly
DNA sequence data has become an indispensable tool for Molecular Biology & Evolutionary Biology. Study in these fields now require a genome sequence to work from. We call this a 'Reference Sequence.' We need to build a reference for each species. We do this by Genome Assembly. De novo Genome Assembly is the process of reconstructing the original DNA sequence from the fragment reads alone.
Questions of the tutorial:
- I have short reads and long reads. How do I assemble a genome?
Objectives of the tutorial:
- Perform Quality Control on your reads
- Perform a Small genome Assembly with Unicycler
- Evaluate the Quality of the Assembly with Quast
- Annotate the assembly with Prokka
Resource type: Tutorial