Summer School in Metabolic Modelling
Organizer: Universidade do Minho
Host institution: Universidade do Minho
Start: Monday, 03 June 2019 @ 09:00
End: Friday, 07 June 2019 @ 17:00
Venue: University of Minho - Campus of Gualtar, Rua da Universidade
Postcode: 4710-057 BragaTarget audience:
- everyone who is interested in learning to use metabolic modelling in their research, using user-friendly tools. No programming skills are required.
This 5-day duration summer school will focus on user-friendly tools for metabolic model reconstruction and simulation and experimental procedures to improve those models.
The course is directed to everyone who is interested in learning to use metabolic modelling in their research, using user-friendly tools. No programming skills are required.
Course attendants will be participating in activities covering the following topics:
- Basic concepts in metabolic modelling
- Genome annotation and metabolic model reconstruction with merlin.
- KBase: A collaborative, open environment for systems biology of plants, microbes and their communities.
- Optflux: an open-source software platform for in silico metabolic engineering.
- Experimental determination of biomass composition and its inclusion in genome-scale metabolic models.
- Experimental metabolomics analysis using GC-MS and its inclusion in genome-scale metabolic models.
- Workshops and courses
- Registration of interest
Keywords: metabolic modelling, Genome, open-source software platform