The Genomics Era: the Future of Genetics in Medicine
The course will give you an awareness of genomic technologies and the data they generate.
The course draws on the experience of experts in clinical genetics and education at St George’s, University of London, St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the Genomics Education Programme from Health Education England.
Topics covered are :
- DNA, genes, chromosomes and the human genome;
- Normal genetic variation;
- Genetic variation and disease: genetic mutations and chromosome abnormalities;
- The inheritance of genetic conditions;
- Emerging genomic technologies including next generation sequencing;
- The interpretation of genomic data;
- The application of genomics to clinical practice;
- Communicating genomic information to patients;
Keywords: Rare Diseases & Research
Target audience: healthcare professionals
Resource type: e-learning
Scientific topics: Rare diseases