Galaxy for NGS analysis: A web-based platform for data intensive biological research
Galaxy is an open, web-based platform for data intensive biomedical research. It offers an accessible, reproducible and transparent computational workbench for the biologist. This workbench is very useful in automating repeated analysis steps in the form of workflows. The workbench interface is simple and intuitive, supports collaboration and integrates data and analysis tools together in a single place. This course will provide an introduction to Galaxy and its features. It offers hands-on training on Galaxy to both biologists and bioinformaticans.
- Basic introduction and understanding the Galaxy workbench.
- Familiarity with Galaxy's web-based interface components.
- How to import data and working with tools on the Galaxy workbench
- How to create and run workflows.
- The Workflow editor.
- Working with Data collections
- Creating powerful workflows with data collections.
Scientific topics: Workflows, High-throughput sequencing, Nucleic acid sequence analysis, Bioinformatics
Keywords: John Innes Centre, JIC
Licence: Other (Not Open)