Nanobodies (Hybrid 2nd edition)
Organizer: VIB Conferences
Host institution: VIB
Start: Wednesday, 08 September 2021 @ 09:00
End: Friday, 10 September 2021 @ 17:00
Timezone: Brussels CEST
Sponsors: FWO, Genscript, Preclinics, Proteintech, Twist Bioscience, Abnomx, BioSPX, Cytiva, Fox Biosystems, PipeBio, XpressBiologics
Venue: Bruxelles Environnement - Site de Tour & Taxis, Havenlaan 86C/3000, 1000 Brussel
Postcode: 1000Target audience:
- PhD Students
Nanobodies (Hybrid 2nd edition)
7-8 September 2021, Virtual & Brussels, Belgium
Trends in Structural Biology satellite meeting on 10 september
The discovery of nanobodies by Raymond Hamers in the 1980s and the further development of the technology by Serge Muyldermans and Jan Steyaert fundamentally changed approaches in different areas of medicine. Nanobodies are very useful in the diagnosis and treatment of serious and life-threatening diseases.
As nanobodies were born at the University of Brussels, the VIB-VUB Center for Structural Biology is very honored to organize the hybrid second edition of the Nanobody conference. This meeting series was launched in September 2019 at the University of Bonn by Florian Schmidt and Paul-Albert König.
During the 2day conference on 8-9 September 2021, leaders in the field will present their latest findings in sessions focused on:
• Nanobody engineering
• Innovative research tools
• Nanobodies in diagnostics, imaging and microscopy
• Nanobodies as therapeutic molecules
• Nanobodies as anti-infectious agents
On Friday 10 September, a satellite event ‘Trends in structural biology’ will be held.
• Abstract deadline 7 juli 2021
• Early Bird deadline 28 July 2021
• Late Registration deadline: 25 August 2021
Event URL: https://www.vibconferences.be/events/nanobodies-hybrid-2nd-edition
What to expect from this hybrid event
The scientific program (presentations, Q&A’s, and poster sessions) will be available for both live and virtual audiences. The virtual platform also offers several ways of interacting with each other through (video) chat. On top of this there will be live poster presentations for those attending the event in Brussels.
Information for poster presenters
The format for your (live) poster should be: A0 (841 x 1189 mm / 33.1 x 46.8 in), portrait orientation.
The format for your (virtual) poster should be: 4 slides in 16:9 format + a recorded video of your talk.
The best abstracts will have a short talk slot in the plenary program. The 2 best posters will win the Poster prize!
• Jose Avalos - Princeton University, US
• Enrica Bordignon - Ruhr University Bochum, DE
• Carlo Bouton - Ablynx, BE
• Karine Breckpot - VUB, BE
• Dirk Görlich - Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, DE
• Simon Hufton - The National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, UK
• Andrew Kruse - Harvard Medical School, US
• Serge Muyldermans - VUB, BE
• Jim Naismith - The Rosalind Franklin Institute, UK
• Hidde Ploegh - Boston Children’s Hospital, US
• Mohammad Rashidian - Dana Farber Cancer Institute, US
• Xavier Saelens - VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology, BE
• Martine Smit - VU, NL
• Miriam Stöber - University of Geneva, CH
• Jan Tavernier - VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology, BE
• Radu Aricescu - MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, UK
• Martin Walsh - Diamond Light Source, UK
• Sebastian Hiller - University of Basel, CH
• Tanmay Bharat - Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, UK
• Anastassia Vorobieva - VIB-VUB Center for Structural Biology, BE
- Meetings and conferences
- First come first served
Keywords: Nanobody, antibodies, structural biology