Data visualization using R
Start: Monday, 07 December 2020 @ 09:00
End: Monday, 07 December 2020 @ 17:00Description:
Markus Stepath, Karin Schork, Nils Hoffmann (BioInfra.Prot / LIFS)
Monday, 7th Dec 2020
In this course you will learn how to use the ggplot2 package in R to create informative and beautiful figures to communicate your omics data and analysis results.
We will cover the following topics:
- Usage of the tidyverse for data preprocessing
- Usage of the ggplot2 R package
- Presentation of different types of graphics and when to use them
- Customization of graphics
Please be aware that basic knowledge of R is taught in our course “Differential analysis of quantitative proteomics data” on Monday, 2nd Nov 2020 (http://goo.gl/forms/mpKHnbT1Um).
- Using the ggplot2 R package to create graphics for omics data
- Decide which type of graph is appropriate for the given data
- Ability to costumize the graphics using ggplot2
- Basic understanding of high-dimensional data sets from quantitative proteomics or other life sciences;
- Basic knowledge of R (e.g. data import, basic plots. This can for example be gained from our course “Differential analysis of quantitative proteomics data” (Monday, 2nd Nov 2020, http://goo.gl/forms/mpKHnbT1Um).
- Computer with stable internet connection, headset and camera
R; tidyverse; ggplot2; high-throughput data; omics; proteomics; data analysis, graphics, data preprocessing
Download and more information on R here:
We recommend using an editor such as RStudio, see
- Workshops and courses