COSMIC: Exploring cancer genetics at high resolution
Organizer: University of Cambridge
Host institution: University of Cambridge Bioinformatics Training
Start: Monday, 26 September 2016 @ 08:30
End: Monday, 26 September 2016 @ 11:30
Venue: Craik-Marshall Building
Country: United Kingdom
Postcode: CB2 3ARTarget audience:
- This course is aimed at scientists and informaticians interested in the genetics of cancer
- encompassing all aspects of academic research
- data integration and visualisation
- and industrial investigations into diagnostic and pharmaceutical design across all human cancers.
- Graduate students
- Postdocs and Staff members from the University of Cambridge
- Institutions and other external Institutions or individuals
COSMIC is an expert-curated database of somatic mutations causing human cancer. Broad and comprehensive in scope, it describes over 4 million coding mutations across all human cancer disease types, and encompasses over 20 million somatic variants across other molecular mutation mechanisms in oncogenetics. Mutations are annotated across the entire genome, with deep-resolution expert curation focused on almost 200 key cancer genes.
This course will use the live COSMIC website and genome browser to show you how to access and explore this information, seeking to identify genetic causes and targets in all human cancers.
A timetable for this event is available here.
- Workshops and courses